Hotchkin Hanly’s employment law team, led by Mark Hemery, acts both on the employer side – for small, medium and large businesses – and on the employee side – for executives, managers and other individual employees.
Our experienced team assists our clients to minimise employment law risks, and stay out of court, with practical and cost effective “front end” services. This includes legal and strategic advice; drafting or vetting contracts, policies and procedures; workplace training; workplace investigations; and negotiating contracts and disputes.
In the small number of cases where a dispute cannot be resolved by negotiation, our team are experienced litigators who will protect your rights in court or before industrial tribunals fearlessly, expertly and cost-effectively.
We have experience across the entire spectrum of employment law issues including:
- award coverage, entitlements and benefits;
- bullying, harassment and discrimination;
- termination of employment;
- dismissal disputes;
- performance management;
- confidentiality and post-employment restraints;
- personal liability of executives and HR managers;
- workplace health and safety;
- union issues;
- workers compensation;
- misconduct, investigations and discipline;
- transfer of employment on sale of business;
- independent contracting;
- labour hire;
- Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and actions.
We pride ourselves on delivering a cost-effective service, and in addition to hourly rates, we offer fixed fees for one-off or retained services, to provide our clients with certainty and to avoid surprises. Please contact us to discuss our fixed fee services.